Unwanted Kit is a combination of two medicines, which is used for medical abortion (terminating a pregnancy). This medicine blocks the action of progesterone, a female hormone required to maintain pregnancy and induce contractions in the uterus, which further helps in abortion.
Unwanted Kit should be taken with food or as per your doctor’s advice. You must start with a dose of Mifepristone. It should be taken orally, by swallowing the tablets whole with a glass of water. If you experience vomiting within 30 minutes of tablet intake, inform your doctor or take another tablet. The medicine may take 24- 48 hours to show its action and you might experience spotting or bleeding. After a period of 36-48 hours, you have to take Misoprostol tablet, either orally or vaginally. You are suggested to have proper rest after this dose intake as it may cause severe stomach pain or vaginal bleeding thus leading to abortion.
Before taking this medicine, tell your doctor if you have ever had an ectopic pregnancy, or you are breastfeeding or using an intrauterine device. Your doctor should also know about all other medicines you are taking as many of these may make this medicine less effective or change the way it works. You must avoid strenuous activity like heavy exercise, running and driving while abortion as it can affect the bleeding. Your doctor may perform an ultrasound or pelvic examination to check for abortion completion.
In Medical abortion
SIDE EFFECTS OF UNWANTED KIT TABLET
- Stomach cramp
- Uterine contractions
- Menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding)
Mifepristone: Mifepristone is a steroidal antiprogestogen, it may be used together with misoprostol for an early pregnancy loss. This medication is commonly used in combination with misoprostol for an abortion during pregnancy. This combination is 97% effective during the first 63 days of pregnancy. It is usually taken by mouth.
Misoprostol: Misoprostol is a medication used to cause an abortion and treat postpartum bleeding due to poor contraction of the uterus. For causing an abortion it is used by itself and with mifepristone. Its effectiveness for abortion is between 66% to 90%.
HOW TO USE UNWANTED KIT TABLET
HOW UNWANTED KIT TABLET WORKS
Important Tips For Using Unwanted Kit:-
- Take it no later than 63 days after the first day of your last menstrual period.
- Take Misoprostol 36 – 48 hours after taking Mifepristone.
- Rest for at least 3 hours after taking the Misoprostol.
- Take it only as prescribed by the doctor. Miscarriages, if incomplete, may result in serious medical complications leading to hospitalization, surgery and possible infertility.
- Vaginal bleeding lasting for approximately 12 days may occur after taking this medicine. Inform your doctor immediately if excessive bleeding occurs or if you suffer from severe abdominal pain.